Chapter Lead Data Science
Coaching data scientists & hands on with data
As a Chapter Lead you will play a key role in driving the success of Data Science within Domestic Bank, from ideation to the delivery of data driven products and solutions. This role requires a passion for creating cultural change through data – specifically by applying new and innovative methods, data sources and agile development. Location: Amsterdam.
The ideal Chapter Lead has excellent management and influence skills and (proven) track record in building data driven solutions/products.
- Leading a chapter of 6 Data Scientists; coaching them to reach their full potential.
- Hands on; spending 60% of your time on building reusable data driven products yourself.
- Always thinking a step ahead and never satisfied with the status quo; seeking to use new data sources and deploy the latest and greatest tools and technologies.
- Adept at collaborating with a range of stakeholders in order to deliver.
- A true promoter of the Agile Way of Working.
At ING people are incredibly excited about Data Science and the great potential for progress and innovation. ING in The Netherlands reaches over 8 million customers, all with unique profiles, behaviours and experiences. You can imagine that customer interactions generate a vast volume of data every single day. Unlocking this data can lead to something very special. This is where Data Science comes in. The goal of this chapter is to support the business in unlocking its potential; to better serve customers, improve operational processes and create new and innovative data driven products that go beyond traditional banking.
- A PhD or Master’s in a quantitative field (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering).
- At least 6 years of experience in the Data Science space (methods, technology, data) including statistical modelling and machine learning experience to solve business questions and/or develop (innovative) data driven products.
- Experience in leading a team to drive results and interact with (senior level) stakeholders.
- Track record of developing people and knowledge through coaching or mentoring.
- An entrepreneurial mind set.
- Excellent communication skills and influence, with the ability to translate business issues into analytical solutions.
- Successfully managed the end to end delivery of insights and value, including resourcing, budgeting and prioritisation.
- Knowledge about the latest developments in the Data Science community (methods and tools) combined with the ability to decide which of these are most relevant to ING and translate them in into opportunities.
- Strong knowledge of existing and emerging Analytics products and Open Source technologies.
- Experience delivering effectively in a fast paced environment with an ability to adapt quickly.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Although Dutch is a pre, it is not necessary.
- Willingness to learn: open to feedback, develops on the technical and the interpersonal level.
- A leading position in a chapter with a start-up spirit and the mission to become the best Data Science team in the Netherlands
- A full time position (36 hour work week) in Amsterdam
- Good salary, 25 vacation days and excellent benefits like a 13th month, NS Business Card, Pension scheme, Personal allowance, laptop, mobile phone, etc.
- Extensive training and education.
- Great career possibilities both national and international.
- An informal working environment with coffee bar, pool table, games and other fun stuff.